"I am always doing what I cannot do yet in order to learn how to do it." Vincent
Van Gogh

Monday, November 23, 2009

White Chocolate Mocha

This recipe rivals that of Starbucks and costs less than a $1.00 a cup. I am a huge White Chocolate Mocha fan so discovering this lovely recipe just made my day, my week, my year, and my life :). Enjoy.

Ingredients for 1 large serving or two small servings (double for 2 large servings or 3 small servings).

2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup white chocolate chip morsels (the better quality, the better flavor)
Strong coffee or espresso.

In a small sauce pan add the milk and turn the stove top to high. Stir constantly (constantly along the bottom as well to prevent the milk from burning). Wait until the milk starts steaming and add the white chocolate chip morsels. Lower the heat to medium. Stir the white chocolate chips in until they are completely melted in the milk. Turn stove off.

In large coffee mug or to-go cup add half of the milk/chocolate mixture. Fill the cup with coffee just a little or add your espresso shots. Add the rest of the milk and then add more coffee to taste. I strongly suggest when you make this for the first time that you taste the coffee/milk mixture until you get the desired flavor, after the first time you will have a better idea if you like more milk or less milk, etc. Top with whip cream and enjoy!!! My hubby likes to add a shot of caramel (like the caramel ice cream toppings you get at the store). Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for leaving a comment. I LOVE comments!