"I am always doing what I cannot do yet in order to learn how to do it." Vincent
Van Gogh

Friday, June 1, 2012

Crocheted Barefoot Sandals Free Pattern





 
Triangle Fan Barefoot Sandals Pattern
Materials Used:
Iris 100% cotton embroidery floss in five different colors (the same color can be used), if doing five different colors, 1 of each color in the center and 2 of the border color, change color after each row by finishing off the row and adding new color.
Size 1/ 2.75mm crochet hook
Clear nail polish
No gauge
Abbreviations
Ch
Chain
Ss
Slip stitch
Sc
Single crochet
Trc
Treble/triple crochet
3chpc
3 chain picot-chain 3 Ss in 3rd chain from hook
5chpc
5 chain picot-chain 5 Ss in 5th chain from hook
*
Repeat-used in each row-do not repeat * from previous row

Pattern:
Chain 5
Row 1: Trc in 5th chain from hook 4 times, Ch 4, *Trc 5 times in same chain as previous Trc, Ch 4* repeat * 1 more time, ss in 4th chain from base chain 5 (do not turn)
Row 2: Ch 1 Sc in same space (top of chain 5), *Ch 3, Sc in top of next Trc and repeat across each Trc with 3 Sc in between (4 Ch 3 spaces total).  Ch 2, Sc in Ch 4 space, 5chpc, Ch 2 Sc in top of next Trc.*  Repeat * around and Ss to join.
Row 3: Ss up into Ch 3 space, Ch 1 Sc into Ch 3 space, *Ch 3 Sc into next Ch 3 space, repeat again for 3 Ch 3 spaces, Ch 4, Sc in previous 5chpc and then 5chpc, Ch 4* Repeat * around and Ss to join
Row 4: Ss up Ch 3, Ch 1 Sc in Ch 3 space,* Ch 3, Sc in next Ch 3 space, Ch 3 Sc in next Ch 3 space.  (2 Ch 3 spaces).  Ch 7 sc in previous 5chpc and then 5chpc, Ch 7 Sc in top of next Ch 3 space *and continue* around and Ss to join
Row 5: Ss up Ch 3 space, Ch 1 Sc in same Ch 3 space,* Ch 3 Sc in next Ch 3 space, **Ch 3, 3chpc, Ch 2, Sc in Ch 7, Ch 3, 3chpc, Ch 2**, Sc in 5chpc, Ch 7 and then Sc again in the 5chpc, repeat ** Sc in Ch 3 space and repeat * around Ss to join and finish off.
Triangle made.
For the Ch going over the toe, connect to one Ch 7 corner and Ch 20-30 depending on toe size.  You know your toes better than me, ;).  Sc again into the Ch 7 corner and finish off.
For the straps, in each of the last two Ch 7 corners Ch 150-200 depending on preference, finish off.
For each area finished off you can add a drop of clear nail polish to make the knots more secure.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask, this is my first pattern so I hope it makes sense.  A drawn pattern is included for reference if you have trouble.



For more FREE patterns consider donating :).  This will help me write more free patterns as my husband will be encouraged that I'm not wasting my time, lol.

:)  God Bless




Want to make your own symbol patterns??  Please check out my Crochet Symbol Font with tutorials to come explaining how you can create your own circular, linear, and triangular patterns.

8 comments:

  1. Love it. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute,my nieces will love them.Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this idea and look is so unique it will be a hit for a long time. thank you for sharing the pattern and kudos for the presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you tell me what colors you used in the examples as in the numbers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look as I don't remember. We are in the middle of a move, so it might take me a bit, even though responding took forever. I've been swamped. I will try to find out though.

      Delete
  5. I have a question, it's probably just me and can't figure it out. I love your design. On Row 2 after you chain 3, and Sc in top of next Trc & it says to repeat across each Trc with 3 Sc in between. ok I tried to do that and mine doesn't look the same as yours. I am confused on where you repeat across each Trc with 3 sc in between. If you could reply and help me that would be awesome. I love your pattern and really want to make these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually not sure where you might be having the issue. I tried to look and figure it out, but I would probably have to see a picture to see where you might be missing it, or if I just wrote the instructions wrong. So sorry

      Delete
  6. This pattern is awesome! And my kiddos love it! Good job on explaining the pattern. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for leaving a comment. I LOVE comments!