"I am always doing what I cannot do yet in order to learn how to do it." Vincent
Van Gogh

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Book Review: The Shack

I had read a number of reviews before reading this book and about how awesome it was, but I had yet to pick it up.  My husband bought me this for Christmas, but I just got to it.

My heart is still churning with what is inside this precious novel.  I dare not give away the plot, but if you know me or trust me in any way I would say, "pick up this book and read it."

My heart aches from reading this.  It has shown me a more closer and intimate relationship with my Father.  I love books that change you and bring you closer to the Lover of our souls.  I can think of a number of messages I could preach after reading this, but right now all I can say is read it if you haven't. 

Many times God tells us things and we fight because we know that if we give in that it will hurt.  I can tell you after reading this book I am hurting, but I am hurting so good.  I am letting go of so many of the things that have held me back, and I am feeling absolutely light as air.  I can hear some people saying, "Oh, that's so nice, but I am already there," but I can hear the Spirit saying, "no you are not."  We can always go further and higher.  The Word of God says we go from glory to glory.  That means we go from glory, to glory, to glory, to glory, etch.  Never stop going up in glory, because when you do, you will be going down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for leaving a comment. I LOVE comments!